The unofficial/official end of summer. Unofficial because sometimes winter doesn't come on time and officiaal because well. . . um. . . the weather man says so!
Usually Labor Day weekend is just a four-day weekend to get caught up on the many projects stacked higher than the ceiling. It's most definitely NOT a time to relax watch foot-ball and go to the lake. This labor day weekend was different. Even though it was raining all day, that didn't stop Dad from pulling the truck into the garage to work on the clutch. One thing led to another and Dad found out he had to take the flywheel out. ( Whatever that is) ( No, Jade you don't have to give me an explanation) Dad thought that the flywheel was supported by something, unfortantly it wasn't. When the last bolt came out BAM!! it fell right down on Dad's hand!
This accident lead to a whole afternoon spent in the hospital, 5 stiches, some damaged tendons, and NO MORE WORK FOR THE WEEKEND!!
On Sunday Dad decided he was going to take the boys to the Wingnuts game. Mom and I had them ready thirty minutes later. When they finally left, Mom and I called Jade and Karma and decided to go to the movies. We went and saw " All about Steve". THAT WAS HILARIOUS!! It also had Sandra Bullock in it, whom mom and I just love! We had a really good time and it was something that would have never happened if Dad's hand hadn't gotten hurt.
I think God purposely dropped that flywheel on Dad's hand just so he'd sit down during the Labor Day Weekend.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
A flywheel is a car part! ;) I had so much fun at the movie, thanks for the call!!!
Had fun at the movies too! I needed to laugh. You know, those red boots might look good with your new outfit. Bet you could wear them barrel racing! You just may start a new trend. Or not.
Post a Comment