Sunday, August 16, 2009

Names

I decided to look up the meaning of a few names I use a lot:

Bailey- berry clearing; bailiff; city fortification

Sue- lily

Yaussi- beautiful
(thats me!)

Jade- a stone used to attract love

Kristen- a follower of Christ

Carlson- a son of Carl; a free peasant settlement
(hotrodgirl)

Paula- small humble

Sue- lily

Bailey- a berry clearing; bailiff; a city fortification

Yaussi- beautiful
(Broken Y)

Karma- fate; destingy

Carlson- son of Carl; a free peasant settlement

3 comments:

Jade said...

Yep! I'm lovely, a follower of Christ, but my Dads name is Chris, not Carl. ;}

Jade

Karma said...

Did you make up the one for Yaussi?? Cuz I'm sure it should say something like "lover of horses" or "those who run around in their skivvies".

We miss you! The pool is open weekends through Labor Day. We need to go!!

Rebekah said...

Oh very nice. I love knowing the meaning of names. Seems like many names have such a rich history behind them...or at least a history. :)